Do you have a kiddo who loves bringing home every pinecone they find? Something about pinecones just makes them so interesting to kids, and they bring all the autumn-feels to your home! Put your kid's collection of pinecones to good use with our DIY Pinecone Bird Feeders craft!
- Dry Pinecones
- Peanut Butter
- Bird Seed
- String, Yarn, or Twine
- Paper Plate or Newspaper
- Gather all of your materials. Place your paper plate or newspaper on top of your work space to minimize the mess.
- Cut a piece of string about 10 inches long. Tie it to the top of your pine cone.
- Scoop out a spoonful of peanut butter and place it on your workspace. Using either the spoon or your fingers, spread the peanut butter into the spaces in the pinecone.
- Either roll your covered pinecone in bird seed or sprinkle it on.
- Attach the other end of the string to a tree that is easily visible from your home and watch for birds who come to snack!
Looking for more crafty fun this fall? Make some Salt Dough Leaf Impressions!